Canada Land Summit 2017
Victoria and LTABC is pleased to host the 2017 Land Summit from November 15 to 17. Speakers from all parts of Canada will join experts from the US to present an exceptional program on topics realted to conservation, land trusts, the environment, grant writing, collaboration & partnerships, First Nations and much more. The advance program is available in both English and French at the links below. Full program now available! Early bird registration ends October 4 2017.
FINAL PROGRAM & REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE!
Susan Howlett Grants: howlett-handouts-wed-afternoon
Susan Howlett Boards: howlett-handouts-boards-on-fire
Marc Smiley Philanthropy: smiley10culture-of-philanthropy
Sylvia Bates S&P: bates_1_landtruststandardsandpractices-2017-factsheet-003
Leanne Warman: warmanbc_conservationareas_handout
Land Trusts Canada Update: land-trusts-canada-nov-17
Susan Howlett Workshop ONLY: howlett
To register, download this form and open in Acrobat Reader. The fields should be fillable. Please resave with your name or organization, and email to email@example.com: 2017landsummitregfillable092717
Special thanks to our sponsors!
Habitat Conservstion Trust Fund
Land Trust & Seminar Series 2016
Land Trust & Stewardship Seminar Series 2013
Land Trust & Stewardship Seminar Series 2012
Land Trust & Stewardship Seminar Series 2011
Land Trust & Stewardship Seminar Series 2010
“Building a Culture that Sustains Land”
We had 78 participants in this year’s Series, and by all reports so far, it was very successful. The additional new site visits (2) plus the full day workshop were beneficial. We had 19 people registered for the full day workshop with Kim Klein. Several participants reported that it was the most useful workshop they had ever attended. Eight people went to the Skaha Bluffs tour (excluding the 3 guides) plus eleven people went to the First Nations, and Okanagan River Restoration project.
Here are some testimonials:
- “Thanks for creating such a great conference again this year! Best wishes” – Liz Webster, Executive Director, Savary Island Land Trust Society
- “I thought the workshop went well – lots of interesting topics” – Wayne Stetski, Manager EKCP
- “Just wanted to send you a note to say thank you for putting together a fantastic Seminar Series. I learned so much from the seminars, as well as from the conversations I had with the other attendees. This was the first time I was able to make it, and it was a great experience. I am feeling rejuvenated and connected and ready to get back to it. Congratulations on organizing such a worthwhile event!” – Laurie Parker, HAT
- “I wanted to let you know that I thought the seminar series was excellent and was very pleased that I could be a part of it” – (Jeff Ward)
2009 BC Land Summit
The 2009 BC Land Summit was an interdisciplinary conference organized by six professional organizations, all of whom share ties to land use in BC.
- The BC Association – Appraisal Institute of Canada
- The BC Institute of Agrologists
- The BC Society of Landscape Architects
- The Land Trust Alliance of BC
- The Planning Institute of British Columbia
- The Real 2017 Land Summit (French)Estate Institute of British Columbia
Land Trust & Stewardship Seminar Series 2008
The Land Trust and Stewardship Seminar Series – a Great Success!
More than 70 people attended this inspiring and informative event. In addition to enjoying a wonderful sunny weekend at Manning Park, delegates benefited from many presentations and discussions on Impacts of Climate Change to Conservation Planning, Species at Risk, Working with local governments, Landowner Contact programs, Fundraising, Conservation Covenants, Water Protection, Acquisition Tips and much more. Evening speakers left the audience in awe of our wonderful diversity – including wonderful presentations by Ian McAllister on Wolves and Bears in the Great Bear Rainforest, Chief Joe Dennis of the Lower Similkameen, Hugh Westheuser on Polar Bears in the North, and stunning images by Chris Harris of the Chilcotin’s Grasslands.