People Protecting Places
There are several ways you can help make a difference today:
The Land Trust Alliance of BC is a registered charity and accepts donations to support its work in
- Education – programs for land owners, students, land trusts, professionals and the public
- Research – topics related to land trusts and the environment
- Publications – brochures, books and FAQ sheets available free of charge
- Youth Programs – online resources for children, youth, families and schools
- Standards & Practices – program that guides the work of land trusts
- Programs – community outreach, conferences, social media and others designed to further conservation across BC
Donors may opt to:
LTABC uses Canada Helps to process on-line donations. This ensures you receive your receipt immediately and costs to process donations maintain administrative costs at only 3%. Our on-line profile is located at
Donors can also send a cheque to:
201-569 Johnson St
Victoria BC V8M1R2
LTABC welcomes gifts that honour individuals through memorials or special life events. When making your donation either on-line or via mail please note that this is a gift and LTABC will send an appropriate notification.
- Planned Giving
Many people choose to make a planned gift to charity. LTABC offers Natural Legacies: A Guide to Planned Giving in BC which provides information on donor options.
If you would like to make a bequest your lawyer can help facilitate this through your will noting The Land Trust Alliance of British Columbia LTABC as a recipient.
Some donors make gifts of stock and LTABC has a financial advisor who can assist with this process.
Many companies offer to match employee gifts. Please check with your employer to explore this possibility.
A number of workplaces particularly in government provide employees the chance to donate through payroll deductions. As a charity, LTABC is eligible to receive gifts and you can indicate this preference to your payroll department.
- Other Ways to Help
Donors have many options to support the work of LTABC. Organize a special event and give the proceeds to LTABC, ask for donations in lieu of gifts for special occasions such as birthdays and weddings or encourage a service club you volunteer with to support our work. Please contact us to discuss these great ideas!
DONATIONS TO A LAND TRUST / CONSERVANCY
Browse our membership directory and donate to a specific BC land trust or conservancy.
DONATIONS TO THE LAND TRUST ALLIANCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
- Call our office to make a donation – we accept visa, mc, amex
- Send a cash gift (cash or cheque) using our printable Donation Form.
- Donate online through our endowment fund with the Vancouver Foundation.
- Donate online through Canada Helps.